Monday, September 21, 2009

Grace's Wedding

So I was home this weekend for my cousin Grace's wedding. Grace is the third of three, the only three cousins I have on my mom's side of the family, the Carollos (it was just her and her brother, Michael). They grew up 3 towns away in Fairfield, so we've been close with them our whole lives. Only real barrier is that they are all older (Grace, the youngest, is a year and a half older than my sister), but overall we've been a nice Italian family seeing each other at every major holiday.

^The Carollo Family plus spouses and children
Grace married Jeff, who I regret to say is the most enjoyable Red Sock fan I've ever known. I told him at the reception that only 7.5 hours before, I called Mariano Rivera in Seattle and told him to give up that game-winning home run to Ichiro as a wedding present, despite my fantasy ramifications.

It was in Morristown, NJ at the campus of St. Elizabeth's, where she went to school. First, thoughts on the ceremony

  • First time I was at a religious service in almost 4 years exactly. Last time was for her brother's wedding in 2005.
  • Despite my contrary beliefs, my first words in the church probably shouldn't have been "Holy crap this place is nice"
  • I forgot how long Catholic ceremonies are, and how boring.
  • I didn't feel weird not participating in most of the mass, but I did go up for communion.

Then...the reception in Basking Ridge. Beautiful place, The Old Mill Inn. Nice combo of hotel and reception hall. First, the food

In cocktail hour

  • Mashed potato bar
  • Bacon Wrapped scallops
  • Muscles
  • Ham Carving station
  • Rack of Lamb
  • Shrimp cocktail
  • Lobster Puffs
  • Various cheese and crackers
  • Stuff I didn't want to eat and therefore didn't choose to remember

Main Courses

  • Salad
  • I had the tenderloin with mashed potatoes
  • Cake and other assorted desserts

Now....the Booze (OPEN BAR!), or at least what I had

  • Beers were Yueng, Bud, Sam Adams (Boston and Summer), and Amstel Light. I had one Amstel with dinner
  • Jack and Coke
  • Captain and Coke
  • Captain Jack and Coke
  • Vodka Sprite
  • SoCo Ginerale
  • Long Island Iced Tea (for the kill at one point)
  • Champagne
  • I was a bad Italian and didn't have any wine cause I don't like it
  • Finished Kara's Appletini.....NOT easy on the tini

Then we (Myself, Kara, Jess and Glenn) returned to the Klein household (Thanks Dad for being the "sober" driver) for....more beer! Yueng and Buzz Word. Then Bud Light for Beer Pong (featuring the return of the Campion 202 small folding table!).

Of course, how can one get drunk in Jersey and NOT end up at a diner? We went to Pilgrim. I had a Ham and Cheese Omlet, Fries with Cheese and Gravy, White Toast, and a Coke.

Kara and I did as a result miss Craig's Fest. But that's MORE than ok, I'll take an open bar of top-shelf liquors and good beers over 30$ for a 500-person line for Milwaukee's Best Light in the heat.

1 comment:

  1. haha wow now that is a lot of alcohol! vodka sprite sounds good. and so does the wine that you didnt have

    ReplyDelete