Monday, February 22, 2010

Rules for being a Red Socks Fan

As I said In my rules for being a Yankee fan, fake Yankee fans are the only thing I hate more than real Red Sock fans. Well, I lied. I hate fake Red Sock fans more. I actually have respect for real Red Sock fans in that they are baseball fans of a real level. But unfortunately, not everyone who likes the Red Socks is a real Sock fan. Most are fake, as is the case with Yankee Fans. Since I have rules for being a Yankee fan, I think it's only fair I have rules for being a Red Sock Fan.

Once again, these rules are just things I came up with that I think a Red Sock fan SHOULD know. A good basis for this is that I know this, so as a real Red Sock fan you should know too. Again, if you do not know these facts it doesn't mean you cannot root for the Red Socks. However, if you don't know these facts, then I DON'T WANT TO HEAR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT THE RED SOCKS. You have no right to brag to me because you are not a real fan. Hopefully this will motivate you to actually start caring.

The Rules:
  1. You know the team's real name prior to being called the Red Sox (I even put an x this time)
  2. You know what year was NOT Babe Ruth's last year with the Red Socks
  3. Also, you know what position he mostly played for Boston
  4. Also, you know that Babe Ruth ended his career in Boston, but for what team?
  5. I can spell Yaz's last name, can you?
  6. You know the number of World Serieses the Red Socks have won
  7. I know 6/7 of the Red Socks' retired numbers, you should be able to name at least 4
  8. Although it didn't go through, Joe Dimaggio was one traded for whom....
  9. And despite that, you know why Dimaggio isn't necessarily a bad name in Red Sock history
  10. You hate these names for obvious reasons: Dent and Boone
  11. You hate these names but should love them too: Buckner, Clemens, Wells, Boggs and Mike Torrez
  12. Speaking of Bill Bucker, you know what happened as a result of his error (hint: it didn't lose the World Series)
  13. You recognize the following names of players from recent teams: Eric Hinske, Tony Clark, Mike Timlin, Tom Gordon, Bill Mueller, Troy O'Leary, Mike Stanley, Coco Crisp, Keith Foulke, Wade Miller, and Edgar Renteria

I know these might be a little harsh, but still I feel that they are common knowledge enough by a Boston fan that they should know them. So review these. If you don't know the answers, please continue to root for the Red Socks, but please don't talk to me about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment