Saturday, February 27, 2010

English Beat/Fishbone/Outlaw Nation: 2/24/10

Wednesday I saw The English Beat, Fishbone, and Outlaw Nation at Rams Head Live!. It was a great show, and notably my first since turning 21. First up was Outlaw Nation, who I had never heard of before. They were really good, an all-black reggae-hip-hop band. I can't say that their set was too memorable, but still I'd love to see them again.



Next up was Fishbone, and this was my first time ever seeing them. All I have to say is "wow". They've been around for around 30 years and Angelo, the front man, still has energy that is practically unmatched. He did cartwheels, dove into the crowd, and still sang/played sax perfectly. The other highlight of their set was when HR from Bad Brains came out to sing a song as well.
Finally was The English Beat, on their 31st anniversary tour. This was my third time seeing them, and once again they were amazing. Not too much to say, just their set was great.



As I said earlier, this was my first show being 21. While this was bad for my wallet and liver, I had a great time, especially having the stamp of the club on my hand and not longer Sharpie X's that take days to wash off.

Thanks Blondeshells for the picture! JAMAICA TOMORROW......

No comments:

Post a Comment