Sunday, August 22, 2010

8/21/2010: The Mighty Mighty Bosstones...

...And The Flatliners and Teenage Bottle Rocket. It was a great show. Quick rundown of set lists and thoughts...

The Flatliners opened and were good as always. It was my first time seeing them since the release of their album earlier this year. Set list in no order aside from the order they show up on my iTunes so I guess it's be album:

The Calming Collection
Bleed
Filthy Habits
Fred's Got Slacks (closing song)
There's a Problem
July! August! Reno! (played at my request)
Eulogy
This Respirator
Mother Teresa Chokeslams The World (opening song)

Teenage Bottle Rocket was next. I don't have any of their songs on my iTunes so not sure what they played but they were really good for the second time I've seen them.

Then were The Mighty Might Bosstones. They were amazing as always. No need to go into details about the set, so here is what I remember them playing:

Rudie Can't Fail (Clash Cover, Encore song #1)
Devil's Night Out
Patricia
Someday I Suppose
Holy Smoke
Seven Thirty Seven/Shoe Glue
A Jackknife To A Swan
You Gotta Go!
Everybody's Better
Noise Brigade
The Rascal King
The Impression That I Get
Nevermind Me
Don't Worry Desmond Dekker
Where'd You Go?
All Things Considered
Allow Them
Graffiti Worth Reading (Opening Track)
Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah (Original Closing Track, played w/Steven Jackson of The Pietasters)
You Left, Right?
I Wrote It
A Pretty Sad Excuse (Closing encore track)

Notably missing songs: Dr. D, Awfully Quiet, The Old School Off the Bright, Drunks and Children, Toxic Toast, Royal Oil,

Up Next: The countdown continues with a band I mentioned in this post but didn't have the whole band perform

No comments:

Post a Comment