Saturday, November 20, 2010

Musics

Last night's show I went to was very good. First up was Koo Koo Kangaroo, who kinda stunk and didn't really play music so I won't really talk about them. Next up were Suburban Legends, a band I saw 5 times in 07-08 and hadn't seen since. SL really steered away from a ska sound in favor of more disco-dance oriented music with their last 2 albums but it seemed they were back. The songs I didn't recognize I enjoyed a lot and I'm looking forward to whatever new music they'll have soon. In no order, here was their set:

Come Back Home
Hey DJ (Opening Song)
High Fives (Closing Song)
Bright Spring Morning
Just Can't Wait to be King (Lion King song)
3 or 4 songs I didn't recognize

Next were the Aquabats! I had never seen them before but always wanted to. You could tell that the crowd was pumped and the band did not disappoint. They only got into one battle on stage, scientists from the National Aquarium attacked them for killing their sea monkeys and starting to play a new song. A lot of The Aquabats! songs I don't really like, but they seemed to only play ones I like so it was perfect. In no order, here was their set:

Fashion Zombies! (Opening Song)
Nerd Alert!
Look At Me (I'm a Winner)!
Super Rad!
Red Sweater!
Captain Hampton and the Midget Pirates!
Martain Girl!
Pool Party! (Closing Song)
Pizza Day!
Lovers of Loving Love!

Finally was Reel Big Fish. I've seen them many times, so this time I just sat back and watched the set. Overall it was very good. With Reel Big Fish, I know what I'm getting so it was right at my expectations. Here is their set in no order:

Good Thing
Ban the Tube Top
Brown Eyed Girl
Monkey Man
Another F.U. Song
(They started to play Cannibal but then went into Beer)
Sell Out (Opener)
Trendy
She Has a Girlfriend Now
Snoop Dog, Baby
Beer (Closing song)
241
Everything Sucks
S.R. (Reggae, Punk, Death Metal, Country, Disco)
Kiss Me Deadly
The Bad Guy
Your Guts (I Hate 'em)
The Set Up (You Need This)
Thank You for Not Moshing
I Want Your Girlfriend to be My Girlfriend Too

Overall, very good show.

No comments:

Post a Comment