Sunday, November 7, 2010

Arrested Development

It's been a while since I did a post on my favorite TV shows (or any post for that matter), and I know I said I was going to do one for all of my favorite past and present shows, but that won't be happening. To resume I'm going to do a post about my favorite TV show of all time, "Arrested Development".


Now I wasn't sure if the readers of this (believe it or not, I have found out people do read this thing...) would be fans of the show already, or if they had never seen it and/or didn't love it. I wasn't sure if I should use a picture that captures the general nature of the show for the new fans, or do one that hardcore fans of the show appreciate. I decided to do one of each. First is a general picture from the first season. Later, will be a picture that out of context will make absolutely no sense what so ever. However, if you are a fan of AD, I hope the picture below will make you laugh as hard as I did just looking at it.

For new fans...


And for the already existing fans...



Now trust me, if this picture looks like something 100% abstract and absurd you're right. And yes, it is exactly what it looks like, a man and a puppet in a recording studio.

"Arrested Development" had "3" seasons. The first season has its moments of craziness, but overall is a pretty believable story. Season 2 starts the same but then switches to some more ridiculous plots. Season 3 is as unrelateable and absurd as possible....and that mix is what I love about the show. I love it when because it was relatable and I love it because it was so outrageous that there is no way it could ever happen. You need to give the show a try to appreciate that, and it is easy to get turned off. Here's all I ask; watch the first season as quickly as possible. One right after the other, but finish out the whole season. If you are liking what you saw, move on. If not, well it's certainly not for everyone but I still would suggest trying season 2 as well.

All that being said, let's get into what these posts were really about...

Brief Plot Synopsis: The opening credits say it all. "Now the story of a wealthy family that lost everything, and the one son who had no choice but to keep them all together. It's Arrested Development".

Good Episode for Beginners: "Pilot", "Top Banana" (Season 1, Episodes 1 & 2)

Favorite Episode: If I had to pick one, "Let Them Eat Cake" (Season 1, Episode 22)

Fox cancelling "Arrested" has led me to boycott the network with the exception of Baseball and a few other things (Malcolm in the Middle" finale, NJ bank robber on "America's Most Wanted" come to mind). There really isn't much I can say to convince people to watch it besides just give it a try. Introducing it to at least 3 or 4 people has led them to LOVE the show as much as I do. And yes, if you don't "get it", you're simply not smart enough to "get it" (yeah, I said it). If you like the subtle humor in shows like "The Office" and "Scrubs", you'll love "Arrested Development".






COME ON!






Video for the veterans

No comments:

Post a Comment