Tuesday, October 26, 2010

ALCS Recap/World Series Preview

Now you're probably thinking, "Gee Brian, the Yankees lose a series and you take your sweet time posting about it? Don't the Rangers deserve some praise? You're just bitter". If you are thinking that, you are correct. I am bitter. I'm miserable. The Yankees we're HORRIBLE that whole series and I didn't want to talk about it. Kudos to the Rangers, enjoy your rings (more on that below). It'll be interesting to see what kind of panic mode the Yankees go into this off season (Phillies too).

So here is my last baseball post of the season. I might chime in about the awards, but this Series is very uninteresting to me (as a baseball fan, not as a bitter Yankee fan) so I'll so my match up and then it'll be back to me talking about TV shows you don't watch.

Catcher: Bengie Molina vs. Buster Posey. Advantage: Giants. They dumped Molina for Posey this season, and Posey is tearing it up so far in October
First Base: Mitch Moreland vs. Aubrey Huff. Advantage: Giants. A better choice for Comeback Player of the Year, Huff hit well all year and has kept it up.
Second Base: Ian Kinsler vs. Freddy Sanchez. Advantage: Rangers. Rangers are just better there.
Third Base: Michael Young vs. Jaun Uribe. Advantage: Rangers. See above.
Short Stop: Elvis Andrus vs. Edgar Renteria. Advantage: Rangers. See above.
Left Field: Nelson Cruz vs. Pat Burrell. Advantage: Rangers. Yep, still better.
Center Field: Josh Hamilton vs. Andres Torres. Advantage: Rangers. Not even close.
Right Field: David Murphy vs. Cody Ross. Advantage: Even. Both are having really good post seasons.
DH: Vlad Guerrero vs. Pablo Sandoval. Advantage: Rangers. Again, not really close.
Starting Pitching: Even. It's pretty close all around, Lee and Lincecum match up, as do Cain/Wilson and Lewis/Sanchez.
Bullpen: Rangers. One bad outing for the Rangers against the Yanks but other than that it went fine.
Closer: Neftali Feliz vs. Douchebag Wilson. Advantage: Rangers. Yeah, I hate Wilson, and I've seen him implode and haven't seen Feliz do it. I'm sold.
Bench: Rangers. Giants use Uribe, Renteria, Fontenot, and Sandoval in platoon roles, while the Rangers guys are solid there and know their role. Might sound weird, but I'll take the bench players over the fill in "starters".

Overall Advantage: Rangers. Even pitching and they can actually hit the ball. Rangers in 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment