Thursday, October 7, 2010

ALDS Game One

Bringing back the Yankee playoff game recaps. Game one was frustrating to say the least, but a win is a win. The Golson catch was what it was, but it didn't turn into anything so I can't dwell on it too much. Nice to see the Yanks take a lead when they were down, and glad they're off to a winning start in the series.

I'm once again going to be doing the head awards for the game. Four is the best you can get. Last year with the Yanks and Twins I went with Brett Favres. I considered former Twins/Yankee greats Chuck Knoblauch, Ron Coomer, or Eric Milton...but I've decided to go with who the clubs wish they had in the ALDS.

Yankees:

Mark Teixeira



Big homer was the winner.


Mariano Rivera

Needed 4 outs, got 5.

Curtis Granderson

Earning his postseason stripes with the big triple

Twins


Mike Cuddyer

Homer for a while looked like it was gonna be all the Twins needed

Francisco Liriano


Good start, just not quite good enough

Twins Bullpen


It'd have been nicer to know Nathan was waiting out there I bet.

No comments:

Post a Comment