Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Yankee Shirts

I know you've all been asking me over the years, so here it is. 17 Yankee shirts. Yes, Seventeen. Why you may ask? Just to piss you all off. And after 7 straight years of exclusively wearing them, and 2 more of 50% of the days (other 50% are other t shirts, mostly bands), I can tell you its working. Pissing you off much.

But here's the real reason...I like my choice in clothing. I am very proud that I've only once been the owner of a polo, which was a gift, and I wore once. I hate clothes like that. T shirts are comfortable, I like wearing them. I like the Yankees, and I like to display my team pride. There is nothing I like more than showing it all off. I take tremendous pride knowing that I wear WHAT I WANT TO WEAR. And it pisses you off, also something I like.

And since you all want to know, these are the active Yankee shirts I have and wear.
  1. (P) CC Sabathia, 52
  2. (P) AJ Burnett, 34
  3. (P) Andy Pettitte, 46
  4. (P) Chien Ming Wang, 40
  5. (P) Joba Chamberlin, 62
  6. (P) Phil Huges, 65
  7. (P) Mariano Rivera, 42
  8. (C) Jorge Posada, 20
  9. (1B) Mark Teixiera, 25
  10. (2B) Robinson Cano, 24
  11. (3B) Alex Rodriguez, 13
  12. (SS) Derek Jeter, 2
  13. (OF) Brett Gardner, 11
  14. (OF) Melky Cabrera, 28 (old shirt)
  15. (OF) Johnny Damon, 18
  16. (OF) Nick Swisher, 33
  17. (OF) Hideki Matsui, 55
Yes, 17 active Yankees. Dating back to last year, there was also Catcher Ivan Rodriguez, 1B Jason Giambi, OF Bobby Abreu, P Mike Mussina. I've never seen a Nady, but I can assure you I'd by one. I've been on the record saying I'd buy a Farnsworth one back in the day. Hell, I bought a Pudge Rodriguez one, one of the worst Yankees of all time. Rest assure, I'll continue to buy them as long as they make them.

1 comment: