Monday, August 3, 2009

"Funny People" and Whisky.....no clever title, just a descrpition of Saturday

"Funny People" finally came out and I was very pumped to see it. Unfortunately....it wasn't amazing. Good? Yes. Funny? Yes......But not great nor hilarious. One thing it is is LONG. But I will give credit where credit is due
  • Seth Rogan and Jonah Hill ("1 and 3/4 Seth"), hilarious as always
  • Adam Sandler made fun of his typical movies and was great for the movie. His other movies suck, and he basically acknowledged it in this
  • Always love to see "Freaks and Geeks" and "Undeclared" Alumni, most notably Jason Schwartzman, Carla Gallo, and Steve Bannos.
  • Silent Apatow Regulars to appear in Movie poster form: Elizabeth Banks and Ken Jeong
  • Probably the funniest person in "Funny People"....Eminem
  • GREAT other cameos (Dave Atell, Ray Ramano, Andy Dick, Sarah Silverman, Norm Macdonald to name a few off the top of my head)
  • And the best thing from the movie: Aziz Ansari as RAAAAAAAANDY. Not only was he being basically a shitty Dane Cook-comic, but has taken it so much further. Watch all the 8 videos he uploaded http://www.youtube.com/user/RAAAAAAAANDY

Really the biggest problem is how long the movie is. The other Apatow movies are long, but they were much much funnier. I know that this one wasn't supposed to as funny, but it really disappointed because I was REALLY anticipating it. To compare it using an earlier post (http://bgklein.blogspot.com/2009/06/oh-im-sure-if-they-were-orsen-wells-itd.html), I would rank "Funny People" at 9. Behind "Zack and Miri", but above "Adventureland". Judd Apatow himself is going to be quiet next year, only involved in the "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" spin off.....which I'm sure wont disappoint.

Then after seeing that Saturday, I went to my friend Liz's to celebrate our good friend Kyle's 20th birthday. Long story short, 5th of Jack was gone by the end of the night along with some good ol' Natty Bohs. Good times minus people getting sick and cats waking me up.

And then today, we won our first playoff game in Softball. Finals are Thursday and Friday, should be reporting on that soon.

Also soon to come:

  • Thursday's trip the Yankee Stadium for Yankees v Red Socks (yes, soCKS)
  • A post regarding live shows I've seen as it seems I have new followers from the wide wide world of web who found my blog via google
  • On that note, Google "Fluent in Stroll" (Not Strictly Rude)......I'm so proud
  • Also more to come.....maybe more complaints about Tina. I think that's why the Google search came up so highly

1 comment:

  1. dissapointed that the movie wasnt great. oh well im still gonna see it i guess! I need to go to the movies and spend a day there- i have tons of movies i wanna see! what day are you moving back to loyola?

    ReplyDelete