Saturday, September 18, 2010

Favorite TV Shows: Chuck


After exhausting pretty much all possibly music posts I figure I'll go into one of my other favorite hobbies: TV shows. So in honor of the new TV season starting on Monday, why not talk about my favorite shows past and present. For the best TV analysis, read the very good Alan Sepinwall of Hitfix.com here: http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-alan-watching. His old blog is linked on the side of my page, and from reading his material I now watch many new shows that I did not used to.

So to kick off this series I'll start with one of the shows that begin on Monday, NBC's "Chuck"

Brief Plot Summery: A electronic store computer expert (the Nerd Herd) receives and email that subliminally plants all the government's secrets in his head.

Recommended Episode for Beginner: "Chuck Verses the Intersect" (Season 1, episode 1)

Favorite Episode:
"Chuck Verses the Ring" (Season 2, episode 22)

Chuck is an incredibly nerdy show. The plot is pretty absurd, but that's what makes it so enjoyable. It's about a nerdy guy who becomes a spy...and that's more or less it. Now despite the outrageous plots, the show is very funny and still there are many good emotional episodes. You can start watching whenever as long as you get a minor plot synopsis. Chuck certainly isn't for everyone and isn't the funniest show on TV, but it is all around fun and always a pleasure (no guilt). This is a show I started watching from reading Alan Sepinwall. Chuck airs at 8pm, Mondays on NBC




No comments:

Post a Comment