Saturday, July 10, 2010

#45: Fatter Than Albert

I can't see a peaceful face for miles. All my friends are gone, and I think I'm ready to go home

Next up are Fatter Than Albert, who I only started listening to last summer but they have impressed me that much.

No Wikipedia Page

Myspace says:
This six-piece ska powerhouse started building its empire in high school. Now twenty-somethings, the crew (West Bank born and raised), grew up with a steady diet of jazz, reggae, and hardcore punk, and thrives with constant tours, sweat ethic, and a DIY attitude. - Alex Woodward, Gambit Weekly

Discovery: Erin's Runaway Imagination (2006), AWESOME album name
The Last Minute (2008)

Favorite Songs: 10. Slap!
9. Fatter Than You
8. 100$ Headphones
7. Everybody Else
6. Late Nights at the Hawthorne Hotel
5. Fever and Chills
4. Better Sleep
3. Not Tonight
2. Am I Really That Ugly?/Volpi's Song
1. Erin's Runaway Imagination (#19 favorite song)

Years Active: 2004-Present

Seen live: One time, July 2009, West Long Branch, New Jersey

Fatter Than Albert was quite the find of last summer as they opened for the Flaming Tsunamis at their farewell show. From New Orleans, FTA put on one of the better shows I've seen, and with their music being free at communityrecords.org i suggest you check them out.



Up next: A band who takes their name from James Bond

No comments:

Post a Comment