Sunday, June 27, 2010

#56: Alkaline Trio

So what do you say, your coffin? Or mine?

At number 56 are Chicago's Alkaline Trio, one of many other bands on this list I first heard in 2004 on one of the Rock Against Bush compilations.

Wiki Says:
Alkaline Trio is an American punk rock band that formed in McHenry, Illinois, in 1996. The band's line-up consists of Matt Skiba (vocals, guitar), Dan Andriano (vocals, bass), and Derek Grant (drums). To date, the band has released seven studio albums, including their newest, This Addiction, released on February 23, 2010.

Discovery:
Goddamnit (1998)
Maybe I'll Catch Fire (2000)
From Here to Infirmary (2001)
Good Mourning (2003)
Crimson (2005)
Agony and Irony (2008)
This Addiction (2010)
Notable other contributions: Rock Against Bush Volume 1 (2004

Favorite Songs:
10. Calling All Skeletons
9. I'm Dying Tomorrow
8. This Could Be Love
7. Continental
6. Fatally Yours
5. Blue In the Face
4. Private Eye
3. We've Had Enough
2. Armageddon
1. Warbrain

Years Active:
1996-present

Seen Live:
Twice (Warped Tour 2007 in Jersey, 2008 in Baltimore)

I have a weird perception of Alkaline Trio. I really want to love them, but for some reason I can't quite get that into them. I bought "From Here to Infirmary" and was very disappointed. Some time later I bought "Good Mourning", and was once again very disappointed. The songs I like by them I like a lot, but the others I don't care for too much. It's pretty much hit or miss. That being said, they are very good, and highly recommended.





Up Next: A band who loves Jesus a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment