Sunday, June 13, 2010

#69 (lol!): Save Ferris


I only want to have a little fun, but every time I try they tell me "you're not 21"

Number 69 LOL is Save Ferris, and to this day I am still madly in love with their lead singer, Monique Powell. You may remember them from the prom scene in "10 Things I Hate About You"

Wiki Says: Save Ferris was a ska punk band formed circa 1995 in Orange County, California. Their name is a reference to the 1986 film Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Discovery:
Introducing Save Ferris (1996)
It Means Everything (1997)
Modified (1999)

Notable other contributions:
Cover of "Artificial Life" by Operation Ivy
"10 Things I Hate About You" soundtrack

Favorite songs:
Come On Eileen (Dexys Mindnight Runners cover)
The World is New
Spam
Under 21
Little Differences
Artificial Life (Operation Ivy cover)
Superspy
Everything I Want to Be
Sorry My Friend
Goodbye

Years Active:
1995-2002

Never seen them live

Save Ferris was clearly a product of the 94-98 ska trend and unfortunately, they did not survive it like fellow SoCal ska bands Goldfinger and Reel Big Fish. Their singer, Monique Powell has sung with both those bands as well. I am in love with her. Their name is awesome, and they were in "10 Things I Hate About You". They are not the only band to appear in a teenage romantic comedy on this list (2 others!). The second video is from Conan in 97!




No comments:

Post a Comment