Monday, June 21, 2010

#62: Suburban Legends


Sun is shining bright outside, think I'll go for a ride. I plan not to ever return

Number 62 are Suburban Legends, who had two of its original members go on to form what is now Avenge Sevenfold. They, however, are a disco, funk, ska band.

Wiki Says:
Suburban Legends is a six-piece pop/rock/third wave ska band that formed in Huntington Beach, California, in 1998, and are currently based out of Santa Ana, California.


Discovery:
Original Edition (1999)
Suburban Legends EP (2001, 2002 with new singer)
Rump Shaker (2003)
Dance Like Nobody's Watching (2006)
Infectious (2007)
Let's Be Friends...and slay the Dragon Together (2008)
"Untitled Ska Album" (2010)

Notable Other Contributions:
Dead Band's Party: A Tribute to Oingo Boingo (2005)

Favorite Songs:
10. Mean Girl
9. Golden Touch
8. Do It for the Kids
7. Bright Spring Morning ("Dance Like..." version)
6. Come Back Home
5. I Want More
4. Hey DJ
3. Last Dance
2. High Fives!
1. Bright Spring Morning (Rump Shaker version)

Years Active: 1998-Present
(more or less present at least)

Seen Live:
6 times -Asbury Park, NJ 2006
Bound Brook, NJ 2007
East Hackensack, NJ 2007
Sayerville, NJ 2007 x2
Towson, MD 2008

As shown by my seen live, had this been 3 years ago Suburban Legends would be without question in my top 25. Back then, I love seeing them. They had choreographed dance moves with every song. How many other bands were doing that? That was until they released "Infectious" in 2007. That album was NOT good. I lost a lot of interest in them after that. The band has a lot of turn over since they've been around, including 4 different singers. They claim that they'll be releasing a true ska album this year, but I have my doubts since 2 of their members have been touring with Big D & the Kids Table for a while now.

It should be noted that SL used to play multiple times a day in Disney Land, which is why I have chosen one of the videos that I did. They also cover "Under the Sea" a lot of times live. The first video is very old in their history, coming from their 2001 EP, two singers ago. I hope they rebound and play closer to their stuff pre-"Infectious".





As you may have noticed, there is a new blog layout. This is because the old one couldn't fit the entire pictures or music videos.

Up Next: A Band who will be pretty hard for me to research online as they were very much only on the local scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment