Saturday, June 12, 2010

#70: The Forces of Evil

I know you shouldnt rhyme shit with shit, but this is my song and I'm gonna sing it how I want to sing it


At number 70 are the Forces of Evil, who currently make up 50% of Reel Big Fish, but when active only made up 16% (or whatever 1/6 is)


Wiki Says:
The Forces of Evil was an Orange County-based third wave ska band, formed in January 2001 with the intention of creating a ska supergroup. The band split in 2005 after releasing a four-song EP, which was available on their website. Their website hasn't seen an update since December 2004, and their touring has ceased.


Discovery:
Friend of FOE (oh puns), (2003)
Four Song Obituary (2005)

Also contributions to:
Forever Free: A Tribute to Sublime (2005)

Favorite songs:
Mistake
My Life
Vague Love Song
Fight
Angry Anthem
Independent
Maybe I'm Wrong
Ball & Chain (Sublime Cover)
Dance the Night Away (Van Halen Cover)
Worst Day
Years Active: 2001-2005

Never seen them live

The Forces of Evil were formed from members of Reel Big Fish, Jeffries Fan Club, The Scholars, and Lone Raspberry by RBF frontman Aaron Barrett back when he thought Reel Big Fish was going to break up, which they did not. They were essentially Reel Big Fish with other muscians, everything else sounds exactly like RBF. Even Jive Records thought was puzzled on why this wasn't a RBF album. All of the songs are very enjoyable, and had I listened to this back in 03 I would have been glad Aaron Barrett was still making good ska (but RBF is back to that now!)


No comments:

Post a Comment