Friday, October 23, 2009

ALCS Game 5 and Gaslight Anthem

So two big events last night, I guess I'll start with the Yankees so I can end on a happy note when talking about Gaslight.

I did not watch the game as I was at the concert in DC. I want to thank Romo, Vida, Andrew, Rob, my mom, and the 3 people around me at the show for all the updates. Even though the game did not go so well, it was nice to know at least.

Since I didn't watch it, I can only weigh in so much. Marte sucks and I hate him and it was a horrible signing, I've been saying this since they resigned him because he sucked last year. Hughes is better than that. Rivera is once again amazing. As for the offense, despite a big comeback it was horrible. Yes they scored 6 runs, but all in one inning. If they want to beat Saunders tomorrow they need to pile on the runs right away and give Pettitte the support. I'm not convinced this series is near over yet.

Now to recap the Gaslight show. It was at the 9:30 club in DC, which is a really nice venue. The first opening band, The Measure (or something like that) was a not too great pop-punk band from Jersey, they were whatever. Then The Loved Ones came on, and put on a great show. Murder By Death was a really cool cow-punk band from Indiana and was really good. Then....Gaslight Anthem.

They were much better than when I saw them last may, or at least their set list was better. In no order they played:
  • Wherefore Arth Thou, Elvis?
  • Say I won't (Recognize)-Last song of the night
  • Blue Jeans & White T-Shirts
  • Wooderson
  • We Came To Dance
  • 1930-First Encore Song
  • Navesink Banks
  • Angry Johnny and the Radio
  • Drive
  • Great Expectations
  • The 59' Sound
  • Old White Lincoln
  • High Lonesome-Opener
  • Film Noir
  • Miles Davis & the Cool
  • Patient Ferris Wheel
  • Casanova, Baby!
  • Even Cowgirls Get the Blues
  • Here's Looking at You, Kid
  • Backseats-First ending song
  • Trusty Chords-Hot Water Music cover
I loved this set list specifically for Drive, Trusty Chords, and Patient Ferris Wheel, all songs I had never heard live before. Hooray Gaslight!

No comments:

Post a Comment