Wednesday, October 28, 2009

World Series Preview

So tonight it is finally here, the 2009 World Series. I cannot wait for it to start, largely because the rest of today until then is going to suck. But mostly because it's been 6 years since I've cared about the World Series (well less, because I did care in 07 and 04), and 8 years since I've enjoyed one. I think this is the best match up possible, and it should be a good one.

Once again I don't want to over-think this one nor make a prediction, so I'll just do a quick match up of all the positions

Catcher: Jorge Posada over Carlos Ruiz
First Base: Mark Teixeira is even with Ryan Howard
Second Base: Chase Utley over Robinson Cano
Third Base: Alex Rodriguez over Pedro Feliz
Short Stop: Derek Jeter over Jimmy Rollins
Left Field: Johnny Damon is even with Raul Ibanez
Center Field: Shane Victorino over Melky Cabrera
Right Field: Jayson Werth over Nick Swisher
Starting Pitching: Even
Bullpen: I honestly don't know, so let's just go with even
Closer: Mariano Rivera over Brad Lidge

Yankees also have Matsui who is a better hitter than who the Phillies can throw out as DH, but that only applies in the AL games.

Overall, this series is going to be a good one

No comments:

Post a Comment