Thursday, October 1, 2009

Loyola's Shuttle Service

I haven't had a good rant in a while, so here comes a good one.

Today I forgot my prints for photo in my room, my fault, I know. My professor said I can put them under her office door after class, which ends at 1:55. My next class was at 4:30, so those 2+ hours is when I actually have time to use the gym. I decided I'd got back to my apartment, get into my gym clothes, go all the way back to her office (in the Fine Arts Department), then take a shuttle up to the FAC.

To save time, I got to the Lange shuttle stop to take that to Maryland Hall. So I wait for 5 minutes, and a shuttle finally comes by...and drives past me. Whatever, I walk over to her office, and drop it off. By now its 2:15. I go back outside and decide to wait for a shuttle going my way, to the FAC.

Three (3!!!) shuttles pass me the other way. After about 10 minutes, I start to walk down to the Sellinger shuttle stop, to kill some time. More time passes. THEN A SHUTTLE FINALLY COMES. Now its 2:32.....17 minutes later...waiting for one shuttle. A proff......professor (HIMYM shout out!) gets in with me, she's going to the cathedral for her car. Shuttle driver takes off...

...And goes right past the FAC and to the Cathedral first. She also lets about 4 cars cut in front at various times. I get to the FAC at 2:47.

Now, I never take the shuttle. I took it for a total of 2 round trips last year. This was my first time this year. I guess the moral of this story is to walk and not use the shuttle service here...because it sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment